The fifth and final day of RIPE 78 saw 742 attendees checked in, making it the second biggest RIPE Meeting.
Friday Programme Highlights
- An update on the IANA Review Committee followed by an update from the ASO Address Council where the recommendation arose to open the ASO meetings for public.
- A presentation on the RPKI Wayback Machine during which the speaker praised the role of RIPE NCC in archiving the RPKI repositories.
- Between plenary sessions, an announcement of the RIPE NCC General Meeting voting results for the May GM, with Remco van Mook re-elected as member of the Executive Board and Ondřej Filip newly elected.
- A talk on best strategies and conduct for good peering.
- The closing remarks from the RIPE Chair thanking attendees for making their way to RIPE 76, and a special thank you to the WG co-Chairs, the PC, and of course, the stenographers.
- 742 attendees checked in
- 199 newcomers (27%)
- RIPE Networking App (totals for the week): 384 participants; 966 messages; 1298 meetings!
- Attendees from 60 countries
RIPE Working Group Co-Chair Changes
- Routing WG: Paolo Moroni stepped down as WG co-Chair.
- IoT WG: Sandoche Balakrichenan joins Jim Reid.
- RIPE NCC Services WG: Rob Evans joins Kurt and Bijal.
RIPE Programme Committee changes
- Benno Overeinder stepped down having reached the end of his term.
- Franziska Lichtblau was re-elected and Jelte Jansen joins the RIPE PC.
Thanks for making this such a great meeting – see you all at RIPE 79 in Rotterdam!